Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our Last Trip to Breckenridge...

One of our favorite places in Colorado is the beautiful town of Breckenridge which is  located in Summit County, in north central Colorado. This is the heart of the Rocky Mountains--86 miles west of Denver.


We arrived and set about exploring the town. We went into the Breckenridge Photo Shop so that I could visit with Gary, the other wonderful photographer who was a tutor on the photography workshop I attended in Telluride a few weeks ago.


Gary is a fellow Nikon photographer and I spent most of my time in the workshop listening and learning from him. It was great to walk around his studio and see his work. Below are two of my favorites from his collection.






It was a cold afternoon so we headed up the hill to our accommodation at The Beaver Run Resort. We had a voucher from the resort for one night, not only was our accommodation free, but we were also upgraded to a fantastic apartment. We spent the afternoon enjoying one of the outdoor heated pools and hot tubs. We spent the night as a family watching The Pirates of the Caribbean. The kids loved this because it reminded us of our visit to Disneyland earlier in the year - The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was their favorite.




It was a treat to wake up to such a great view, but at the same time we were missing this beautiful town already.



After a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs we headed back to the pool for a swim before the kids enjoyed playing in the snow.






We headed back into town for a late lunch and a final walk around town.






Goodbye Breckenridge - I hope I can return one day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great pictures! You have a beautiful family. My fiance and I were just looking at breckenridge vacation house rentals a few days ago. We could really use a few days in as much snow as I can handle. I can't wait to see this in person. Thanks so much for sharing Johanna.

    ReplyDelete