Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Skyline City Park

We have been spending so much time getting organised that we decided to have some family time today. We set off for the open air ice skating rink in the middle of the city. It was very reasonable - only $2 per person to rent skates and free to skate. We arrived full of anticipation...




Yasemin rushed onto the ice and sped away. She was great in the very cold conditions with a strong wind. Although she had many falls she didn't want to leave the ice. Maxy also raced onto the ice - he refused to wait - I feared disaster! To our surprise Max held onto the edge and proceeded to complete a number of laps.



Garry and I lagged behind, lacing our skates and organising gear. Garry beat me to the ice, but experienced a nasty fall very quickly injuring his wrist. I was okay, some of those old skills returned and I spent time assisting Max with an odd little red frame that helps little ones learn to skate, holding hands and skating with Yas and much enjoyed solo laps. 


                     
This is the first tick on my wish list. I have always wanted to ice skate outdoors and wasn't disappointed - the weather could have been a little warmer though. Due to the cold we didn't last long, but have all vowed to return, (not sure about Garry).



2 comments:

  1. Go Yasi! What a champ! Max will soon be racing you round the rink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Wait until I show Miss Sienna these pics!

    ReplyDelete